Advocacy Resources for CASA Volunteers and Program Staff
We hope that you will find resources here that enhance your ability to stand up for the needs and rights of abused and neglected children, in the courtroom and other settings.
Resources by Topic
Below are resources useful to child welfare advocates in most states. Because rules governing CASA work vary by state and jurisdiction, please access local resources and talk with your CASA/GAL program staff with casespecific questions.
Click on the links below to find resources—articles, publications and websites—on the following topics:
- Addiction/Substance Abuse
- Child Welfare
- Cultural Competence/Diversity
- Domestic Violence
Do you have resources to share?
Please email suggestions to staff@CASAforChildren.org. Thank you!
National CASA Publications
- A Question of Balance: Written by National CASA Regional Program Officer Janet Ward, this book reinforces skills learned by volunteers during preservice training. Available through ShopCASA as a print or electronic book (for Kindles).
- The Judges’ Page enewsletter: Edited by Judge J. Dean Lewis (ret.), shares the judicial perspective with CASA volunteers
- National CASA podcasts: Informative and educational interviews with CASA volunteers and staff, and other members of the child welfare community
- National CASA Guides and Manuals: For use by member CASA and guardian ad litem programs. Program login necessary to access.
National CASA Trainings
- National CASA Annual Conference: May 30 June 2, 2015, New Orleans, LA
- Training Calendar: lists upcoming inperson trainings and webinars.
- Webinar Library: includes recordings of recent webinars
- State and Local Program Event Calendar: listings provided by member CASA and GAL programs
National CASA Book List
The National CASA Association offers a resource list comprising more than 100 books to help improve and
inspire your service to children. Recommendations were compiled by National CASA’s regional program officers and the National CASA Training Department.